Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Friday, October 31, 2008

60 Years and keep going!

Dad officially reached 60 today!

Happy Birthday DAD!

PS: If you are those under the emotional categories, grab your self some tissues.

While my mom and I wish him a greater life ahead, I for one wish that he would carry his conscious mind to the future. I feared for the forgetful sickness of which every old people will have to go through. I cannot bear it. I've had some relatives that are in that situation.

For my father, it is indeed a milestone for him to see the world up to this age. Many have not even pass 50! During Election period, he told me that over his life, he have not encounter such a political tsunami. Oh yes, he witnessed it! My mom said that if my grandfather is still alive now, he would be the most happiest person in the world to see the opposition toppled over the ruling government. (Well, not yet, but denying it is already a major victory!)

My father is a kind man indeed. He help everyone that he could afford. I would rate him soft hearted. Just like me... Like father like son. Mom always complained he is not doing much for the family, but for others only. I can only laugh inside my heart.

Just want to share something that still touched my heart until today. When I was having dengue fever, my father boiled one big bowl of barley for me. It was difficult time for me to swallow. He insist on me drinking it. Day after day, his cares for me never stop. He never speak much during the week. When I almost recover, I decided to go back to college. I was renting a room that time. I am still weak and decided to sleep one evening. I was so tired that I did not pick up the call from my parents. The next day, I returned the call. Mom told me that he did not sleep the whole night. He was worried dead about my situation. Yes, he repeatedly telling me that dengue have no cure or medicine. While I was at the clinic to test my blood level, all he could do was to look helplessly at the brochure describing about dengue. He did not utter much.

There was once when I was having fever, I slept the whole day. When I woke up in the evening, he cooked porridge for me. After I ate one tablespoon, I fainted on the dining table. He shake me real hard to make me awake. I know he is there shaking me but I am too weak to do anything. There was shouting around in the house. I could hear that his voice is one of it. He carried me to the car and brought me to the nearest clinic. Doctor diagnosed me as over heated! Thus this is the cause for my faint! I slept too much.

Everyone's father will definitely leave an impact in our life. Mine is still around to crack jokes with. I will treasure it more.

Dad, May you have a wonderful life ahead! God bless!

3 comments:

SFGEMS said...

You are blessed to have a remarkable dad and even more blessed to know it. God bless you.

Chee Seng, Wai Ling and Ashley said...

indeed, it is good you appreciate your dad while he is still here. my dad is gone more than 8 months now and i still wish i could spend more time with him.

when i bought my bike recently, i thought of him. because he's a technical guy, he would have loved to go with me to choose the right one and also to restore/upgrade the bike i got.

there are also many things that happen that make me think of him, and how he would have helped and supported us.

even my wife who's known him just a few years misses him so much. his quiet love has touched us in so many ways.

Jarod said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment. Indeed blessed to have him around.