Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Final Update on Anti-ISA Rally

People gather in between shop lot to take a shot of what is happening.

SOGO stretch- Reporters sat down and rest. Far behind you can see the FRU waiting to attack.

This is where the boy rest. He is aged around 10-12. A federal defense van came and fetched him out for treatment.
If I am not mistaken, this is Semua House. FRU fired tear gas behind this building. The shoppers and workers have to flee this eyes tearing complex.

People gather to SHOO and BOO the police away.

FRU truck in front of McDonald at Masjid Jamek.
They shot few rounds of water cannon and wet the town...


People hiding inside the book store.
Funny that all the shop close their business temporarily while this book store remain open.

People taking cover underneath the main door.

Truck LOAD of FRU waiting to attack.

TEAR GAS FIRED!! FIRE IN THE CROWD!

This damn Tear Gas had made so many people cried. A guy told me he had not cried so much in his entire life. Yes, I cried too!

People running away from Tear Gas.
Like Armageddon...

UNIT AMAL PAS leading the way!

People taking cover from Tear Gas.

The start of today's gathering.

Waiting for Muslim to come out of the Mosque.


Will they be arrested for wearing BLACK?

LOCKED DOWN!

Tear Gas, Water Cannon, Brutality, Tense, FAST and Furious, made friends from Kedah, Terengganu, Kota Bharu and so much more. I gain one more point in experience.

To PRO ISA, please continue to hide in your comfort hole!

MALAYSIANS, I SALUTE YOU FOR MAKING AN EFFORT. Thank YOU!

7 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Oh Jarod, What a brave coverage of today's rally. Stephen and I were at Pasar Seni. We only got a whiff of the tear gas and already my eyes were watering. I cannot imagine what it would have been like for you all there. I can only salute the thousands who stood tall and strong against such adversity. Pat on the back for you! Good job!!!! :)

Jarod said...

Lita, thanks.

Not easy though. I my self got teary eyes and just keep on moving when I see so many people united. May be when you have the support of others, u just fight on!

Malaysia is indeed a united Malaysia to get rid of the wicked.

kagami said...

Ruth from church here =)
I was actually inside Nagoya when the riot started, they closed up the shop, so we had to escape through the back XD
it was really brave of you!! *salutes to you*

Jarod said...

Ruth Liew? I knew too many Ruth lah...haha!

Anyway, glad you didn't hurt your self and went home safely.

Chaos and our town has turned into a battle zones! Brave comes from my heart, not me. We have thousands of BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN! :D

Are you proud of being Malaysians? :D

I am when I see the crowd!

Anonymous said...

Last time I experienced tear gas was when they were hunting criminals in Pudu - maybe 40 years ago?

They probably wanted to finish their old stock of tear gas so that someone can make money from the new supply.

But the whole event is a disaster for BN.

Eric said...

Bravo Malaysians.
Yesterday Malaysians of all ethnic and religious backgrounds, both genders and all skin colours, walked together on a matter of national policy. This was simply beautiful.
I was there. I saw black-clad Malaysian Chinese who shared light moments with tudung-clad Malaysian Malay ladies, brave Unit Amal members giving salt (against tear gas) to Hindraf supporters. That's why BN is so enraged. Malaysians built history together yesterday, as they did in the Hartal and the PUTERA-AMCJA people's constitution days. Malaysians have a history together, though it has been hidden to them for decades. They just proved they will build a future together!
Hidup Malaysia!

1 Black Malaysia. Democracy First. Elections Now.

Jarod said...

Anon 8:55,

haha! Well, I think they stock their supplies up to the year 2020!

Wow, can't imagine you live through all these years to see Tear gas being used again...

Eric, United we are one! Read my latest post. I touched on that.