Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

513 to 1Malaysia: Nation Building









We had several good speakers last night at a forum on Najib's 1Malaysia and May 13. Many agreed that 513 is a "past" and we no longer need to mention it regularly. However, a new date has arise, that is May 7, Malaysia's darkest day in Perak.

Interesting point of note:
  • Unity can only stand when there is justice
  • We ought to empower the young generation to change
  • We ought to change the way we educate our children
  • Logic does not always work in politics
  • Race based party will not be accepted by people
  • For forty years we lived in fears and got cheated by UMNO, its time we buried May 13!
  • Dollah aka Tan Sri Abdullah Ahmad mentioned something I don't know. We could have prevented May 13 if Lim Chong Yew inform Tunku earlier of the situation, say like half an hour. Let the history of May 13 be buried. We lived in peace at the moment.
I would say that Nizar has been keeping his anger within himself. It is good for him to release it in this forum. After all, forum is also another ways to allow people to vent their frustration of what that had happened in Perak.

Tricia Yeoh reminded us to remember Perak! Ingat, ingat, ingat Perak! Remember that we will go for FREEDOM! Get more people to register as voter. Execute your right! Vote for justice!

Lastly, I wanna share with you 2 videos taken at the forum:




To view more videos, kindly visit YB Lim Kit Siang's blog.

4 comments:

peng said...

Hey, why didn't you tell me you will be going for the forum? I could tag along!
I spot Azmi Sharom sitting in the panel? He writes great articles in The Star.
MI reported that Nizar got a rousing welcome. I think this speaks volume of the support from the people.

Jarod said...

Sorry Peng. It was a last minutes decision. I Was stuck in between a movie and NIZAR.

I went around 8.45pm... which was quite late. It ended around 11+ PM.

Yes, when Nizar's turn to speak, people gave me thunderous applause. I am one of them :)

Turnout is around 2-3K.
:)

Jarod said...

haha.. typo error. Gave him thunderous applause, not me :)

Jong said...

Wow grrreat pix, biggggg crowd! Thought of attending but too bad I had something on homeground.