Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swearing before the HOLY bible in any religion

Recently, Some irresponsible people is trying to use HOLY BIBLE (Be it Quran, Bible or any holy bible respective of its religion) to swear before their GOD to clarify that they are innocent and so on.

From my point of view, this is ridiculous as they do not put highly of GOD before their eyes. One can't play with FIRE; as like playing with GOD name, he/she is playing with fire. No fear? Go ahead. God will judge you for what you have done and said.

Some time, I do hear people say "OH my GOD". This really despise me as why must you simply use GOD name to express your self. Can't you find a replacement? Anything that involved GOD must be done in the right and respectable way.

Imagine you are shouting some ones name. When the person ask you what is the matter, you reply by saying: Oh, nothing much. Is just the way I express my self. Isn't it senseless? Enough said. Its all up to you to decide how you want to express your self.

2 comments:

Kritz said...

Agree. Very meaningless.

About the oh my God thing,
Well, last time I never thought it would bring across that meaning, known as using God's name in vain if I'm not mistaken, I changed immediately after that to oh my gosh or oh my goodness. Most people don't know, can't really blame them.

Maiorem said...

12 " 'Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:12

33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Matthew 5:33-37

12Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned.
James 5:12