Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

What can we do w/o petrol

Petrol hiked, what can we do to reduce the usage of Petrol?

My father used to wind down the window. He switched off the air-con and enjoy the F.O.C. dirty air. What can we do, Malaysia Air aren't like Singapore ones. Ours is all time dirty.

I told my mom. I'm not getting married because petrol hiked, its pretty hard to go for dating. She just said: Then don't married lah!

My grandma replied: SIAO AH! Me? -> :)

Then I was thinking for other alternatives to save petrol. I remember I saw a scenario in Singapore. This is what we should start doing. Note: This picture is not taken in CHINA!


Apart from this, I stumbled upon sites that talk about Inflation with ways to curb it and saving petrol. Another tip from internet (email):

Many of us are not aware that the petrol kiosk pump has a return pipe-line (in black). When the petrol tank (in the car) reaches full level, there is a mechanism to trigger off the pump latch and at the same time a return-valve is opened (at the top of the station) to allow excess petrol to flow back into the sump. But the return petrol has already pass through the meter, meaning you are donating the petrol back to SHELL/ PETRONAS/ CALTEX......


My tips:

  • Regularly refill your tyre. A lesser air for your tyre will consume more petrol.
  • Carry less weight for your car. Clear out your boot if there are plenty of rubbish. Travel light for short distance unless you travel outstation.
  • Wind down your car window at night. Enjoy cool air and save petrol.
  • Maintain your speed at 80-90 km/hour. I realize that IT does save petrol if you does not change gear. My father told me that too.
Hope the tips will help us save petrol and not make a holes in our purse.

I am one of the ordinary citizen who does not want the increase. It will be tough life ahead. Using public transport? We are not in Singapore wei! All the public transport is just so inconvenient lah! LRT still usable but they need to upgrade the LRT by adding more slot to it..

It was after my shower that I read the SMS which was sent by my mom at 7.33pm. I was suppose to have a dinner with a friend nearby @ 8pm. I scratched it off and told him I am not gonna have dinner until I PUMP PETROL! It was rather a long queue at SHELL Station near Batang Berjuntai on Wednesday night. Sorry to those whom I have not inform you. Being K.L-ites, I'm trained to snake/squeeze in the queue in any situations. So, being a so called "TRAINED" driver, I had managed to SKIP a few car and put my self up the front queue. Waited for around 10 minutes and I POKE IT IN WITH BIG RELIEF. This is just a temporary relief. RM 2.70\liter is waiting for me when I return. Haih...After I had my dinner with my friend, I was to use the same way back to UNI where I needed to pass by the Shell Station. Look at it:


Finally, I really wanted to tell the person who had increased the PRICE, I am Not angry. Don't worry, I wont create any issues or chaos. Instead, I just want to give the picture below as a gift to YOU.

You may be asking, what am I shooting using the aboriginal folks hand-made shooting stick? Well, I am aiming high at the person who had increased the petrol price. I'm aiming at his B.U.T.T. :o

PS: This stick comes in handy when I needed it the most!

1 comment:

Kritz said...

heh, that picture from last year's camp! petrol petrol. sigh.