Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ipoh-dise too much

Ipoh is a beautiful town, no?

My father was raised in this small town then. He left Ipoh and made PJ his nest. The tranquility and slow pace of life no longer exist in Ipoh. I am quite amaze with the pace Ipohrian have and more or less like KL/PJ folks.

Perhaps, some of those cars on the road may be from KL/PJ or JB/SG.

Cars JAMMED UP all the main road near my relative house. Worst than previous years. Ipoh town council need to find ways to counter this problem before it becomes a "not so good town to live in".

Food wise, still very much the best in Malaysia. Not forgetting Penang as well :) However, some food traders chose to retire and migrate with their great food and I will miss it badly.

Something refreshing I that have seen here. It was during an early morning breakfast that my family and I had at a Restaurant. I saw Perak MB YAB Mohammad Nizar portrait on the wall. That is something nice. Last year, (Election was after CNY) I have no idea who the heck is the Perak MB. LoL! Talk about ignorance.

However, Pak Lah Picture is still there, Najib no where to be seen. Ouch! :D

That's all for today. Still in the celebration mood :)

7 comments:

Pat said...

Hey Jarod,

Despite the jams, I hope you had a good reunion with the rest of your family. Food tastes sooooo much better when we're happy and with the ones we love, no?

Pat

Anonymous said...

>Something refreshing I that have seen here. It was during an early morning breakfast that my family and I had at a Restaurant. I saw Perak MB YAB Mohammad Nizar portrait on the wall.]]

Hope that happens more often, Jarod. For the first time in over half a century Perakians have a chief minister they could be proud of, and they should openly show it, not just keep their affection in their hearts.

Jarod said...

Hi Pat!! yes, I agree!

Jam is just a small matter. PJ folk like me get used to it :)

definitely great to be with our friends and Family. nothing can compare to it :)

Hi Lchuah, true enough, Perak people are proud of their CM. My relatives voted for them, and they are a happier lot!

The revive of certain building to maintain the historical value is currently being plan. Hope more will come from Pakatan! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Jarod. Glad you had a good reunion with your family!

Ipoh! Gosh, I remember the satay and the "Har Mee" at the old town. The old man would just bring more satay over to your plate when he sees that its almost empty. And you just eat without realizing how many sticks you have eaten. And you only pay what you have eaten.

Jarod said...

Wow Daniel, got such a good service in Ipoh? I didn't know that!!! I thought they only bring the food over when you order...haha!

How many years ago huh? :) tc

Anonymous said...

Aisay man, Ipoh town was jammed up because all the Ipoh-born people came back for CNY. This only happens during the CNY period. Cant blame it on the town council though, except maybe advising the people to stay home, which you did XD

Jarod said...

Hi WC,

haha! Not to forget, KL+PJ folks also Jammed the whole road...

I think this year I stay at home more than going out... :D