Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

a journey less people took~but i made an exception !

Date: 21 September 2004
Today was one of the day i will remember. The Reason: i gone insane with myself. I go beyond my limit to look for a person. In the end.....let me begin the journey..........................................
There was a teacher telling me about this student. His presence were not felt among the class. He had absent from school for about a week already. I hope to give him tuition so that he can sit for his exam in 2 weeks time. Anyway, i get his address from his form teacher. I also get his mom hand phone as to contact her before i go & look for them. But sometimes, i just can't call only. I have to show my intention in getting him back to school. (FYI, my phone no credits. so don't want to call. Some more the opposite is using Johor Bahru lines. NO $$$) Well, after school today, i fetch some of the student's back home as it was raining. Then i proceed with the plan of meeting the student & his mother. (the father has gone missing. Dun ask why, i forget d.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As i drove along the highway in Puchong, i still can't locate this address. It was really making me frustrated along the way. I have gone thru some of the route few times in a row. I feel like i am getting no where. When i plan to give up locating this address, i just can't believe in my self. How can i just give up like that? I keep on searching until some places that i really don't know where i am. As i drive, i keep on asking people on the road. Many of them are very helpful & give me direction. I just couldn't believe it & keep on searching with the people helping me all the way. I remember i have ask 5 to 7 people along the way to reach the destination. The people who give direction just tell it without second thoughts as it is still raining when i ask them. I REALLY SALUTE THEM. ( Is there any column for the people to express their gratitude in the newspaper? )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As i follow the direction, i reach the place where this boy stays according to the address given. I go look for it & then saw the number plate of the house. I was over joy & nervous. So i knock on the door for few time...still no respone. I knock again...& also pressing the door bells. Well, still no people answer. Then i knock for the last time, i wait for a while, think that may be he is not at home for the moment. I decided to go home as it was useless. SUDDENLY, the door open when i was going to go down the stairs (the place is a flat.), i turn & saw a woman around my age. (may be older than i am.) Then i proceed to ask her is she the mother of this boy. She reply no & i quickly ask is this boy i am looking for at home. She reply no. Well, then she ask me who am i. (i forget to introduce myself first. i m too nervous.) I tell who i am & whats my intention here. We chat a while to understand what's going on & she make a few calls to tell me more clearly of their situation. She also told me that they have shifted from this house to some where near by. She had no idea of where the boy are right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The boy mom is working near by. (she has changed her job. Before this, she was a baby sitter. Thats why i thought she might be at home taking care of baby. ) Well, i give her my hp & my house phone number. I tell her to inform the boy mother so she can contact me to discuss further about this boy studies & future. Then i just say thanks to her & leave the place with a dejected heart. I hope that they will call me tonight to discuss it. I can't do anything. Just hope that miracles happen & the student will come back to school to finish until SPM in 3 years time.

May GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY & THE STUDENT that i teach. Keep on praying for them. GOD is there doing HIS work thru us.

MAY THIS TRUE JOURNEY TOUCH YOUR HEARTS.

Date: 22 September 2004


Today 22nd September, will be a day i will always remember how the woman suffer for us, the younger generation. I am touch by the way how the mother of the student that i told you all suffer. I and a teacher managed to find her at a supermarket working as a promoter. This job does not earn much & not a long term job. It pays only RM 5 per hour for her effort. Before this, she was a baby sitter & take care of baby at home. She was around 30-40 years old lady. Quite slim comparing to a normal woman. Almost saw her bone. Anyway, we say hello & tell her who we are. When she know about it, she humbly say thanks for coming & tell us that she really don't know that her son has not attend school for days. She only knew about it when her sister daughter told her that i went to her old house yesterday to ask information about the student.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She was so angry that she woke up her sleeping son & cane him twice that night it self. When i heard about it, it really hurts my heart. She also told us that her son usually go to cyber cafe to play. It was joined by another friends of him that also taught him to skip school. Anyway, judging by how the mother had tell us, i know that the mother also want him to have a good education. The mother work from 7am until 10pm daily to earn money. Where do she had time to take care of him & the whole family?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


To make it simple, every mother loves their children. They want them to be their best in everything. I almost cry when i heard about how this mother struggle to make an income yet the son didn't know it. I hope that one day the son will understand this & don't dissappoint his mother again. The mother was a humble person & even said she feel very bad that she can't serve us water when we went to visit her. She also keep on thanking both of us for taking care of her son. She ask us to guide her son to become a better person. I feel touch by this. To those out there, this is not a story created by me to entertain you. It was true & i can even bring you to them to see how they suffer. GOD bless them.


~ second visitation~
The second visitation followed by to a student house claim to be the close friends of the student that i mention above. The address was given by the mother and we just go there to check out how are their environment. When we reach there, it was a normal single storey houses. We ask for the student but he just only left the house. I have not meet this student but the teacher that go with me teach him before. So we talk to a man who claim to be his elder brother. We tell whats going on & the student brother say that he know his brother never go to school. This student go around the place by foot. He usually frequent places like cyber cafe & walk around the town until late at night. I am hoping that this student will understand that if he doesn't continue his studies, he will have difficulties finding a good job in the future. I told the brother that i had tuition for the other poor student's. I would like his brother to joined them to prepare for their exam. The elder brother of this student promiss that his brother will come to school tomorrow. We will counsel the student when he come back to school. I hope that everything goes as smooth as it would be & may GOD guide us thru all this difficulty.
----------------------------------
Date: 23 September 2004
Today start the lesson for the 3 student's. They gave a good respone & a teacher who teach them even spread gospel to them. (She is a christian too.) Well, there was one student who had been suspended from school for a week starting tomorrow.(he had not attend school for almost a month. Must be broken hearted with the result. So decided to skip school since he think he can't study.) So i ask him to study at home & tomorrow i will go to his house to teach him what that he don't understand. I really like the feeling of teaching them. No idea... Then there was another form 1 student who join them (teman them.) . So i ask whether is he interested to have the tuition with us...he just say that he have phobia with tuition. I later learn that his mother use to force him to go tuition during primary school. It was hard to persuade him back to study as he don't feel like it after primary school tuition experience. Well, then i will fins a way for him to over come it....& thats all i could say. I am really dread tired. Last 2 days ago my internet connection already making me crazy...now is back to normal. Thank GOD. If not, you will have to read this story in a week time. & i just can't wait to tell you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**A person cannot be judge by his external behaviour only, they should understand him better by checking on his environment. Look beyond your eyes. Let us PRAY to GOD for guidance & strength each day as we can't GO against all this by our own strength. ~ CHRISTIAN WARRIOR, MARCH FORWARDS ! ~ ***

PS: Any feedback are welcome. Sorry for the long & full of words articles. I just can't stop telling how i feels.


by glory @ jkwy

No comments: