Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A sincere charity and help

I used to volunteer for LEO Club in high school before it was closed down by the school authority. Don't ask what had happen. I have no idea! Being in charity is pretty good as you can help and also be aware of how fortunate you are in your current state. Perhaps, it would be appropriate to say: Count your blessings!

I am pretty much a soft hearted person. I help without asking much. Over the years, I encountered too many cases which put me in caution mode. I always read that certain charity organization is cheating, of how they transfered the monies to their own account and etc. This unacceptable attitude put me in a mix reaction of whether to continue trusting them or not.

RPK asked for help in his latest article. It was to help KEVIN's family. Kevin's Father and mother is in need of money as their illness is getting worst. They need more than RM100K to cope with hospital fees and operation. What I see from RPK's article really touch my heart. In within a few days, they manage to collect 75K!

It prove one thing, Malaysians is willing to give. Of course we cannot exclude their initial sense of security with the person whom they will give their hard earned money. The people who gave willingly TRUSTED RPK. They know RPK is a sincere person who never take it for granted and fear GOD. Some just take the money and keep it as their own money. Shame on them! God will have counseling session with them soon!

I remember that I wrote on how some China girls who want my sympathy. They want my sympathy to be exchange with money. Ya, they are without money, their parents are sick, they have no transport to go home, and etc etc... Too much to list it out. Read here for my previous article on how the China girl tried to cheat me.

Friends, let your common sense guide you. Help the needy, not those that cheat for $$.

5 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Reading this I see that you are such a sweet guy! Hugs for you Jarod! :)

Pat said...

Hi Jarod,

Nice to see you back!

I carry this appeal on my blog too. I think it is a worthy cause.

But about cons and such: For me, it is like this: I give with a good heart. If it is received with a bad heart - that is not for me to worry about :)

Pat

Jarod said...

Thanks Lita. Hugs to u!

Hi Sis Pat,

Great to be back!! haha!
Yup, from the response, it touched my heart ! As simple as that.

TC

carol® said...

hey~ i absolutely agree wif u wrote ^^ thx for the post o~

Jarod said...

Hi Carol, You are welcome :)

Hope you doing good!
tc