Malaysia requires more people to voice out and stand in the front line. No more hiding behind their comfort zone and wait for changes to come. We ought to do it NOW! Peace to all mankind.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Are we too used to our comfort life?

As I ponder on my comfort life, I am thinking of how I enjoy my life, how I would go and enjoy my mamak a.k.a. tea session with my friends, how I can be with my parents, how I could sleep comfortably in a nice comforted bed, and yet I still complained of the hot weather. (I cannot stand the heat! Itchy. )

Yes, is too comfortable isn’t it?

Some of us like to sit comfortably in front of the computer, chat with friends around the world, reading some news and occasionally shooting blank bullets toward those that are against our view.

Have you and I done something out of the comfortable of our life? Some thing that worth telling our grandchildren or our next generation people, that we have done something that will make them woooo waaaaa (in awe) over our accomplishment?

The political journey since 308 until November 9th taught me a big lesson in life. I am putting too much comfortability for my self. I used to say I want to do something and hide myself while waiting for others to do it. Not until I see that No Action Talk Only (NATO) will bring me or my beloved country TO NO WHERE. I realized that if we want to achieve something, we need to sacrifice certain things for the result we want.

Not that I do not know we need to sacrifice to gain, but rather I was being afraid. When I told some one I “cabut” (ran away) after seeing the chaos at the scene when the FRU marched against the people, some one said to me: Takut lah… Yes, I am VERY AFRAID. Afraid that I am not able to see my family, afraid that they will be worried dead since I am the only child, afraid that I may be ISA-ed for my bravery, afraid to have BLACK RECORD especially, and finally worried dead for my future after my release if I was caught.

However, YB LIM GUAN ENG has been my inspiration toward a better Malaysia! He fought for justice, for truth, and he held on to integrity. Remember how he was jailed for helping the young girl who was raped? Not to forget, YB Tian Chua famous picture of him sitting in front of the FRU truck. Recently, YB Teresa was innocently put into jail for doing nothing, but the authorities just want to get her in ISA. Not to leave out YB (Yang Benar) Tan Hoon Cheng to which she reported the truth of what she heard and get ISA-ed.

How about DSAI? Who was falsely accused of sodomising someone to which he did not do it? This has caused emotional and health damage to him.

Who are they? They are normal citizen who fought hard for transparency, who TRULY loved Malaysia, who held on to the TRUTH, and wanting to bring democracy to Malaysia. Malaysia has not reach democracy yet. To some, they would rate them and those who supported them as DEMO-is-CRAZY!

As I ponder, I asked myself how much that I have done for my beloved country? I have not put in my sweat, my blood, and my energy to the max. When we sing Negaraku, our national anthem, one of the lyrics related to this paragraph.

NEGARAKU, TANAH TUMPAHNYA DARAHKU,
RAKYAT HIDUP BERSATU DAN MAJU…

TANAH TUMPAHNYA DARAHKU!!! Whether you like it or not, ever since your mom gave birth to you, your blood had drop on this land! Even if you are not born here, your childhood will surely have falls and minor accidents which got you bleeding and thus, its still ‘tumpahnya darahmu’ in this LAND!

You and I are a part of this nation. We are a part of Malaysia. This is our country that we care. Do the right thing for your beloved country. I vow to give my best. I do not want to hide behind the bushes and look at others fighting for our freedom or justice. Stand for the right. Do not be intimidated. Do not be afraid, after all, you are fighting for the right cause. You want change? Then do not be a NATO! The change you want to see is within you.

Go for vigil. Tell the government that you do not support it with your presence. If you do not show your presence at the vigil or any event that support the abolishment, they will always rate you as the minority. BE THE MAJORITY VOICE!!!

5 comments:

de minimis said...

Jarod

I like your passion. By the way, Guan Eng is a Y.A.B. by virtue of his being CM Penang. I agree with you that he's one heck of a leader not the least of which is his personal sacrifice to defend the honour of the 15 year old Malay girl that was raped by the ex-CM of Melaka. Keep the flames going, bro.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, young man. We need more people (young and old) with your passion for the country. Then we will be the majority.

Jarod said...

De minimis,

these people (YAB Lim, Dsai etc) are the one that should be Malaysia's Leader. Not those Umno that are bringing down our country to a dissappointing period.

SFGEMS said...

What a passionate write up. Definitely shows you have a heart.

Loved it.

:)

Jarod said...

Thanks all of you for your encouragement. Definitely i will carry on :)

TC